Crustless Pumpkin Pie


 3/4 c. sugar

1 t. cinnamon

1/2 t. salt

1/2 t. ginger

1/4 t. cloves

2 eggs

1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree

1 12 fluid oz. can evaporated milk


Butter a glass pie pan.  Preheat oven  as directed below. 

 Mix the sugar, eggs, salt,spices, and pumpkin together.  Mix in evaporate milk.  I usually use my egg beater.

Bake until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. 


9 inch glass pie pan:325 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes

10 inch glass pie pan:325 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes

 

The story on this recipe:  My husband is diabetic and loves pie.  I can make this one without feeling so guilty. I didn't look up the carbs on it but I know that it is allowed on a diabetic diet.  Maybe  not in the quantities he would like but at least he can eat with everyone else and not worry.

I made this pie to serve with roast chicken and all the trimmings.  Then I called my farmer son in law and our daughter to come eat with us.  They had been to the sale barn and came back hungry.  A win for us all.  We didn't have to eat many leftovers and they didn't have to fix their own meal.


Comments

  1. A sure sign of a good recipe when the dish has only one lonely piece left. We liked this recipe as I made it last year with you when you mentioned it and it is worth a repeat this year. Thanks for posting it so I can find it...have no idea “where” I saved it. This is going on our Thanksgiving celebration for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always interesting to see, what to do with pumpkin. No cans of pumpkin puree here, I have to cook it from scratch

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you have a sweet, yet healthier, pumpkin dessert. I find that I avoid making desserts because I am trying to prevent weight gain. This is a nice option. I enjoyed reading your story related to the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you posted this! I struggle with prediabetes and knowing what I can safely eat is important. I know your husband must've enjoyed this! It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladies I have to admit why i like this recipe. I am too lazy to make the crust!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don’t believe a word of that, Ellen is a hard working gal...she works circles around me...short cutting making a crust is just a way for her to make more things for her family! 🤗

      Delete
  6. I love pumpkin pie. Being on KETO and needing to get my blood sugar down this looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shell Beans

Cauliflower Salad