Cauliflower Salad

1 head cauliflower, chopped

1 c. celery, chopped

1 10 oz, pkg peas

1/4 c. sunflower hearts

1/2 c. raisins

4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled (opt.)

1 c. mayonnaise

1/2 c. sugar

2 T. vinegar

Combine cauliflower, celery, peas, sunflower hearts, raisins, and bacon.  Mix mayo, sugar, and vinegar and pour over cauliflower mixture. refrigerate until ready to serve.

For those of you who make broccoli salad yes, this is pretty much the same.  I love broccoli salad but it doesn't like me so I substituted cauliflower and threw in some other ingredients too.  And if you are a fan of ranch dressing and you are in a hurry, you can substitute that for the mayo mixture and it is still good.
 

Comments

  1. Yeah! Picture looks great! I love broccoli salad so this sounds even better! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have thought of subbing cauliflower for the broccoli in this salad but I will now. It looks really good. I didn’t know what sunflower hearts were so I googled them and I still am not sure...are they just like sunflower seeds? I usually pick one recipe of someone else’s in the group to make each time but this week I think I’m going to need to make all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think sunflower hearts is the same than sunflower seeds, but hearts as bird food and seeds for human. :-)

      Delete
  3. I never thought of a salad with cauliflower or broccoli. This sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dish is such an original use of cauliflower. It looks very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to adding raw cauliflower to my broccoli salad. Nice and crunchy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crustless Pumpkin Pie

Shell Beans