Air fryer lime pie

 Hi ladies,


I am an idiot.  I never can remember how to do all this so you are getting a recipe totally off the subject.  Sorry.  I signed up for Misfits.  In the first box I got limes.  I have never used limes in anything in my life but thought I might try something if I had them.  Hence the air fryer lime pie.  You use the little 6 inch pan that comes with the accessory kit.  The tiny pie is perfect for the 2 of us.


Crust:

Put 6  graham crackers in your food processor.  Add 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup melted butter.  Process into crumbs and make the crust in your little pan.  Set it ito the fridge.


Filling:

!/4 cup lime juice (3 little limes)

2 egg yolks

7 oz condensed milk

1 t. lime zest 


Meringue


2 egg whites

pinch of cream of tartor

3 T sugar

1/2 t. vanilla


Whisk together the filling ingredients and pour into the crust.  Preheat the air fryer at 350 degrees,  Put the pie in at 350 degrees for 6 miniutes or until it no longer is jiggly in the middle.

While it bakes make your meringue.  When  the pie is done spread the meringue over the pie( I left it in the air fryer because I don't have a lifter) and bake at 350 degrees until it is brown enough to suit you.  I let mine go 2 minutes and then another half minute.  Cool.  Sprinkle a little lime zest over the meringue if you like.


Notes:  The condensed milk comes 14 ounces to the can.  So I am going to make this recipe again using lemons instead of limes so I can use up the condensed milk.

Comments

  1. Hello Ellen, if remembering is the problem, I can help
    March, 12, onions/leek
    Marz 26, eggplant or aubergine
    April 9, Corn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this little pie is going on the top of my short list when Lent is over and we are eating desserts again. A lime one and a lemon one...heaven!! Thanks for the recipe and the instructions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crustless Pumpkin Pie

Shell Beans

Cauliflower Salad