Hi ladies,


I have completely forgotten how to import a picture but I did take one!  But here is my recipe for pea salad.


1/2 package frozen petite peas cooked, drained, and cooled

2 hard boiled eggs cooled, peeled, and cut up

1 stalk celery chopped

1 T. sweet pickle relish

1 to 2 oz. cheese diced up

1/4 c.  mayonaisse

Mix all together and chill.


Notes:  Use whatever kind of cheese your family likes.  We "sophisticated - not" Midwesterners are big believers in plain old Velveeta.  My cheese savy daughters shudder at that but that is what goes over good here.

I am guessing at the amount of pickle relish and mayo.  You want enough mayo to make it moist but don't drown it.  The pickle relish is also a guess.  Just put in enough to give it a little bit of tang.

Comments

  1. This looks really good, Ellen...and I’ll give it a try. I will try to post Ellen’s photo but not sure if it will work.

    file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/33/03/6EEC1620-F523-482F-9A11-ECF169D54D00/IMG_20210417_162303.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t think that photo try worked. Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Early Friday 😎 I have to admit, I never tried Velveeta

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crustless Pumpkin Pie

Shell Beans

Cauliflower Salad